Friday, March 27, 2009
1. "In a hole in the ground there lived an ornery badger whom was disturbed from his nap. One swipe of the ol' claws ought to fix that, he grumbled."
2. "My eyes are drooping, my pants are too tight, the checkbook is in the hole, and I'm tired of doctors but that ain't no matter. It's just another day in paradise."
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, I opened the window to inhale the fresh smell. It seemed to cleanse my soul with each intake. Oh how I love the scent of rain!"
4. "Kermit hopped his way up from the hold of the Spanish galleon. Nobody messes with Miss Piggy and gets away with it."
5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and it beckoned me forward. A sudden bright light assaulted my eyes. The hand guided me through a doorway into the dazzling sunlight. My eyes studied a quaint picnic setup on the grass complete with checkered cloth. The scent of rosebushes perfumed the air. My husband's dazzling smile glistened in the suns rays. (Well, that's how it happens in my daydreams anyways...)"
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, politicians neglect the truth."
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching my cousin Kaitlyn's play "Bugsy Malone", tomorrow my plans include trying to shop for groceries with no money in the bank :( and Sunday, I want to watch my friend's baby getting blessed and relax a little! I really need to do some organizing though...
Wanna play? Click here.
Dreamed up by Kami at 11:36 AM
Thursday, March 26, 2009
DARWIN, Australia (CNN) -- If you're hoping to make record time doing laps in the pool, perhaps you should consider employing a training technique that one swim instructor in Australia's Northern Territory claims yields record-breaking results: a crocodile.
Swimming coach Mark Davies says his young swimmers are beating the clock, now that they're being chased by a hungry "croc."
Davies says he lets his swimmers dive into the pool first. Then, he tosses in the crocodile.
One young girl described the experience as "absolutely terrifying."
Davies says he checks the croc's swimming speed first, and makes sure the swimmer has enough of a head start that the crocodile can't really catch up.
What could possibly go wrong?
Dreamed up by Kami at 1:28 PM
Monday, March 23, 2009
My awesome sister in law Mandy is getting married the end of May! Mandy and her fiance Trent are highlighted below. They are one of those disgustingly cutsie couples that make some people cringe in terror. I mean that in a good way Mandy. You are so cute together!
Her bridal shower is in the beginning of May so a lot of us girls are getting together to go visit her in Virginia. Yea! I have never been in the eastern states before so I am WAY excited. We told Collin about a week ago that he is the only male that gets to go with us. His grandpa Larry had to tease him first and then told him if he wants to go then he has to ask mommy. Collin was acting like such a shy goofball. He made everyone plug their ears before he whispered in my ear that he wanted to go.
Dreamed up by Kami at 2:39 PM
Friday, March 20, 2009
1. Why do we have to endure obnoxious people? They shouldn't be allowed in public.
2. Exercising and playing Wii fit are now habits. At least they have been since the 6th of this month. I hope I can keep it up!
3. I have been listening to the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack while working. The song "The Music of the Night" gives me chills every time I hear it. I'm dying to see it live. Don't know if that will ever happen...
4. I had never heard the phrase "Honey, why don't you relax while I fix dinner and watch the kids" and it would be a miracle to hear it in my household.
5. I'm eating my chocolate fix the way I always do. Daily!
6. How was I to know that I couldn't think of an answer to this question?
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to a relief society dinner with friends, tomorrow my plans include cleaning like a mad woman so my parents can host a party at my house and Sunday, I want to take some pics. I don't know of what yet but I haven't taken any in awhile.
To play go here.
Dreamed up by Kami at 1:41 PM
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Thursday, March 12, 2009
This is my third year to claim the age of 29. I figure I can claim it for a few more birthdays. What's the harm? Daddy made Collin put my "real" age on my birthday sign though. I teased Collin when I got home that he put the wrong number on there. He believed me too until daddy told him I was fibbin'.
Dreamed up by Kami at 7:50 AM
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Tonight was all about eyes. One of Collin's favorite books when he was smaller was The Eye Book by Dr. Seuss. He used to make me read it over and over...and over and over. So tonight we thought we'd have some Dr. Seuss fun straight up eyeball style.
And now, a few lines from
Our eyes see flies. Our eyes see ants.
Sometimes they see pink underpants!
Monday, March 2, 2009
I have always loved the book Horton Hears a Who. It has such a wonderful message for everyone to enjoy. I loved that Horton stuck up for what he believed in. Just because someone else doesn't understand or see what you know is true doesn't make it false. He showed courage and strength of character. So in honor of Horton we decided to construct heart elephants as our first activity. Collin thought I was nuts for wanting to make elephants out of hearts. He said, "It's not Valentine's day!"
We ended up the night with watching the Horton Hears a Who movie. So funny! I loved the extra storylines and how they pulled it all together.