Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Throwing tantrum after tantrum! She has the whole arm crossing, pouty lip, and "Huh, hmmmp" thing going on. I guess she learned it from the best. She sees Collin doing the same thing and just has to copy him.
Attitude. What a diva! If she doesn't get her way she screams and cries.
Blaming her brother for things he didn't do. She'll come over to me bawling, point to Collin and say, "Him!" This is after watching them and seeing Collin do nothing to her. Onery!
Refuses to use the potty. She's only actually peed on the potty a couple of times. She throws a tantrum if we try to get her to sit on it. Then she lies when I ask her if she is poopy.
Thinks everything is hers. Mine! Mine! Mine! Enough said.
Doesn't want to do her work at school. Aye, aye, aye. She throws a fit in class if the teacher actually makes her work. Such a hard life to draw straight lines. She does a little better if she gets to sit by her favorite girl in class for some reason though.
Carlee is almost four and I hope she grows out of this stage soon. Momma needs Calgon to take her away!! Just kiddin'. Love you Carlee!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:08 AM
Monday, September 28, 2009
I just had to laugh this morning when a gentleman came up to my window in my office. He was asking a few questions about our town while his wife was in the E.R. He said, "That main street, is that it?" Yes sir. We are a small town.
He then commented how we had no lakes. Do we need a lake in every town? People would be a whole lot crowded if there was less dry land to build on. He just seemed amazed that people would actually live in a small town. Well, I actually like my small town. Give me less traffic any day!
Dreamed up by Kami at 2:10 PM
Friday, September 25, 2009
1. One week ago seems so long ago. It seems weeks have gone by since then.
2. I've learned a lot since when I was young. If only I knew what I know now back then!
3. Mama told me how to make her yummiest recipes. Thank you!
4. This is just between you and me. My Dove chocolate moment for the day is, "Life may change us, but we start and end with family."
5. Take your time when sampling Dove dark chocolate squares. Hmmm...I should be a Dove spokesman. Enjoy the smooth, creamy, melt in your mouth flavor!
6. Sadness will pass! I hope...
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to picking up Collin early from school, tomorrow my plans include who knows and Sunday, I want to rest and try to come to grips with my life!
Wanna play? Go here.
Dreamed up by Kami at 11:56 AM
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Have you noticed that once you become a mommy your life takes a drastic change? Instead of personal time spent on recreation and leisure you become a whirlwind of parental duties and diapers. I get completely worn out by the days end. I guess that's why I passed out last night on the couch.
Carting the kids to and from school, activities, homework, fixing dinner, packing lunches and getting clothes ready for school, scrounging up show and tells, etc. all has me on a non-stop roller coaster screaming for a halt.
I remember the days of pre-mommihood. I definitely had more time for:
Reading novels whenever I felt the desire. Now my reading is done late at night or not at all.
Writing and dreaming up stories. I used to spend hours and hours thinking up new plots and short stories. Now I find myself to be too mentally exhausted to write anything except this blog.
Socializing with buds and pursuing interests. I really miss my carefree college days and our 11:00 p.m. ice cream runs to Albertson's. Hanging out in the boys dorms just listening to music and talking or going to the hot springs with my roommate was so fun! I also used to scrapbook a lot. Now I do all of my scrapbooking online. I really need to make time for scrapbooking and friends again.
Long luxurious bubble baths by candlelight. I used to soak forever with chocolate in one hand, a book in the other. Heaven on earth! Now if it's not the kids bugging me it's the hubby.
Eating out in restaurants. Well, I still eat out in restaurants when I go shopping but there is a lot more whining, uneaten food, and McDonald's involved.
Having more money. We spend a fortune on diapers for my daughter that still doesn't want to use the potty. School supplies, the never ending replacement of holey jeans, snacks for school, sports and scouts, and the necessities of raising two kids can really kill the pocketbook!
Despite all of this I still wouldn't trade being a mommy for all the money in the world. They are my life, my joy, my every happiness. Seeing their smiling faces makes my heart want to literally burst from joy. I love their strong personalities and the off-the wall comments they come up with.
Collin is growing into an active, social, kind-hearted little boy. He is sensitive of others and it pains him to see anyone get hurt. He loves everyone. He tries hard to please others, especially his teacher at school. I just love him so much! He is such a special boy.
Carlee is learning to communicate better and to be active with her peers. She is also getting more strong willed every day which could be good or bad, depending on the situation. She is so sweet though when she comes up to me out of the blue to give me a hug and say, "I love you!" It melts any frustration away. She is mommy's sweetheart.
My kids are my world and I would be devastated if any tragedy ever befell them. They are so beautiful and the closest thing to angels on earth. I love you guys!! Thank you for letting me be your mommy. I treasure you always.
Dreamed up by Kami at 2:59 PM
Monday, September 21, 2009
Thanks for the fun night kids!
Dreamed up by Kami at 1:25 PM
Friday, September 18, 2009
1. That's a bad place to be. Just seeing the bathroom and someone is taking their sweet time. C'mon I gotta go!
2. Hey home depot worker; I'm over here! So hard to find good help in there.
3. The possibilities include: carrots or pumpkins. Which recipe to use first? Probably the carrots so they don't go bad.
4. Anything Mexican is one of my favorite cool day recipes. Mexican food is great 365 days of the year though!
5. How will you know what to get the kids for Christmas? I like to buy early but then again I kind of have to wait and see what the kids request from Santa. I hate waiting...
6. Hot chocolate and a stormy sky.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to attending my sleep study: NOT! but I am looking forward to some shopping alone time, tomorrow my plans include making a Walmart trip in the wee hours of the morning, traveling home, and enjoying some "Talk like a pirate day" fun with the kids and Sunday, I want to enjoy the Primary program and see if my kids will actually sing, catch up on some housework, and relax!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:00 AM
Thursday, September 17, 2009
I am so excited that Halloween is just around the corner! I am already starting on my Halloween recipes. Check out these Wizard hats Collin and I made last night. They were beyond yummy! I needed to make more though because by the time the hubby got home they were gone. Oopsi! Sorry honey. You probably wouldn't want to take Wizard hats to work anyways. I could just see you getting teased!
(recipe on my food blog)
Anyways, I thought I'd share a few links of my favorite Halloween recipe spots. Just type in "halloween" in the search box. I can't wait to start experimenting with more spooky recipes. Enjoy!
Better Homes and Gardens
Taste of Home
Dreamed up by Kami at 7:02 AM
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
I'm so excited!
Fall makes my cravings for the sweet spicy smell of apple cider to waft through my kitchen. It tantalizes the senses, soothing the soul on a crisp fall evening.
As they swirl to the ground later in the season the inevitable "crunch" can be heard underfoot. The sound reminds me of my youth as I longed to jump into a huge piles of leaves. I still do!
Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere! The season beckons them to get ready to be baked, carved, painted and decorated.
Scrumptious pies will be served to many smiling faces. Their aroma daring you to eat only one slice...
Dreamed up by Kami at 3:06 PM
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I wish we could have held the baby piglets but mama was very protective. Not to mention they were behind a fence.
We didn't go on any rides, eat any tiger ears (scones) or cotton candy, or play any games. We are trying to save some money to buy more Halloween decorations. We did however have to eat a little dinner and we even tried some alligator tails! Very spicy but otherwise had a chicken feeling to it. Hopefully next year I'll get my tiger ear!
Dreamed up by Kami at 10:20 AM