Sunday, March 30, 2008
Friday, March 28, 2008
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:31 AM
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Dreamed up by Kami at 2:03 PM
I'm sitting here with a massive headache, sore throat, about to lose my breakfast nauseated, feeling beyond tired, coughing, ears throbbing sickness on top of feeling weak, dizzy, and in pain. I have to tell you-I'M SICK OF IT!!! You know the old saying, "At least you have your health?" Well, that usually doesn't apply to me. I'm lucky to have a couple days a month of normalcy. Something is always going on in my body: chronic infections, stomach problems, sickness, or just the pain and weakness of lupus. I know having an auto-immune disorder makes me catch everything easier, but come on, I need a break. I tease my mom for passing along her bad genes to me. I pray that I don't continue passing along the bad genes to my kids. I would rather have it twice as bad in me if only my kids would be spared. My poor Carlee is still sick with the flu and is really struggling to get better. I really worry that she's going to be the one with the weak immune system. It seems she already is. Plus the poor girl is plagued with her eczema which makes her miserable every day. I hope she gets better soon!
Dreamed up by Kami at 10:56 AM
Sunday, March 23, 2008
I haven't blogged for quite awhile now. Unfortunately we've all been sick alot this month. Once one of us would be over something someone else would start it all over again. It's been very frustrating. So for Easter the kids were sick with fevers and coughs. Luckily they were still able to have some fun. Collin loved coloring the eggs and going on an Easter egg hunt. Little miss Carlee was only happy when she discovered candy. Go figure. Anyways, here are a few pics and a video of our Easter morning.
Dreamed up by Kami at 12:36 PM
Friday, March 14, 2008
- She cares for each of her kids and would (and has!) bend over backwards for them.
- She has suffered with rheumatoid arthritis yet still manages to make beautiful cakes and cookies. Something incredible for someone who has plastic knuckles and some crooked fingers!
- She cares for everyone around her.
- She absolutely adores her grandchildren and graciously tends them while I'm at work.
- She's creative.
- She is kind and caring.
- She has a good sense of humor.
- She plays Dance Dance Revolution and Rock Band on the x-box, and loves it! It's something that we can do together and have a fun time. She even requested we play it after her b-day dinner.
- She is and always has been my best friend.
- She is an all-around good person!
Happy birthday mom!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:44 AM
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Little Miss Carlee absolutely loved seeing the game "Operation" for the first time. I loved this game as a kid and I thought they would too. I was only half right. As you can see from the video, Carlee loved it! Collin on the other hand didn't want anything to do with it. The buzzing scared him too much. I personally think they tamed the game down a bit since I was a child. I remember it being more of a shock instead of a buzz. Carlee was entertained for quite awhile but Collin was begging us to get her to stop.
I love that my kids have such different personalities. Collin is:
- People oriented
- A scaredy cat
- Boyish, but with a sensitive side
- Mommy's helper
- Concerned with other people's feelings
- Thinks ahead
Carlee on the other hand is:
- Not afraid of anything
- Very opinionated
- Likes to do her own thing
- Shy around strangers
- Mad if she doesn't get her way
- So sweet when she gives big squeezes
- Can wrestle with the best of them
- Tries to take mommy's jewlery and shoes already
Of course these clashing personalities also bring alot of fights around the house. I'm constantly getting after them to quit pushing each others buttons. I do hope that in the future they'll put their differences aside and become the best of friends.
Dreamed up by Kami at 10:49 PM
Friday, March 7, 2008
I had a really fun birthday this year thanks to my family. My mom made me a beautiful cake that was strawberry with a strawberry filling in the middle. Yum!
We also had my favorite dinner: Mexican food! I ate a burrito, tostada, taco, and taco soup. I was really full after that but I still had to stuff a bunch of cake down my belly. I can remember when I used to be able to eat 12 tacos in one sitting and still could eat more. Not so these days!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:18 AM
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Dreamed up by Kami at 1:05 PM
Collin saw my bananas getting brown so he said, "Do we get to make banana bread?" He wanted to make it by himself (for the most part) so he could send some to his sweet aunt Mandy. Watch your mailbox Mandy!
3. Then you add the flour and have your mom add the other stuff because you'll be too busy.
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:24 AM
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Holly tagged me to post a middle name meme. The funny thing is that we both have the same middle name! Small world.
- You must post the rules on your post before you answer the questions.
- You need to list one fact about yourself using each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name use your maiden name instead.
- When you are finished with your answers, you tag one person for each letter of your name.
A: Always try to see the best in people. Every person has a story and why they act the way they do. I find that if you take the time to get to know someone you can find something good in them.
N: Never stop eating. You'd think I'd weigh 300 lbs. by now but I really cannot go two hours without stuffing something in my mouth.
N: New things! I love to try new things, new recipes, new experiences. I guess it's the adventurous side of me but I want to visit every state, every country, every continent. (Just wish I had money to do it!) I want to try different hobbies, new sports, and read new novels. I'm not afraid of change.
I tag the following: Mandy, Mom, Tina, and even though I'm only supposed to tag three I have to tag dad too since he hasn't blogged anything yet!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:35 AM
Monday, March 3, 2008
This is what Carlee usually looks like in the morning!
Dreamed up by Kami at 8:11 AM
Sunday, March 2, 2008
This weekend my brother Mark came home for a visit with his new Wii. This is the first time we've played it and now we want one! The Wii Bowling game was what we had the most fun with. Collin even beat out his dad twice. Yep in the video my living room is a disaster and Collin had on mismatched clothes so no need to comment about that, but at least Wii had alot of fun!
Dreamed up by Kami at 7:51 PM