Saturday, August 30, 2008
Dreamed up by Kami at 7:57 PM
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Love you honey!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:22 PM
Monday, August 25, 2008
What do you think of when you hear the word yellow? I think of sunflowers swaying in the breeze...sunny bright days...curly blond tendrils on little girls...bright happy rooms...bananas by the bushel. That's what I usually think of when I think of yellow. Now pictures this. A large, noisy, diesel guzzling monster coming for my little boy. It steals his infancy and his parents tears. That's right. It's the school bus. My little baby is now an official kindergartner. Who said he gets to grow up? That wasn't part of the deal when I held his tiny body after he was born. The spindly long arms and legs now have muscles. The cute baby cankles are no more. My baby just isn't a baby any more. I'm sure every parent has a hard time letting their little ones grow up. Soon he'll be making more decisions on his own and not be so dependant on his mom and dad. I cherish these days when he's still my little boy. I hope they don't go by too quickly...
The night before school Collin said, "I think I'll go to school for one day and that's all." Sorry kiddo. Your days of freedom are over! Daddy had the opportunity to get Collin ready for his first day of school. He packed his bag and drove him to the elementary. Eric got to see the classroom, the other kindergartners, the teacher, everything. I wish I could have gone too but I had to work. It's probably a good thing I didn't go because I would have been boobing the whole time. As it was Eric had a hard time keeping himself together too.
Dreamed up by Kami at 7:28 PM
Friday, August 22, 2008
It's been 10 years today honey-we made it! I thought I'd recap by answering some questions of our lives when we were first starting out.
- Where did you first meet each other? I was working at the local grocery store and Eric had to come in and "check me out". My cousin Doug actually set us up. It's funny because Doug tried to set us up when I was in junior high or high school I don't remember. I wouldn't even speak to him then!
- What was your first date? We double dated with my cousin Doug and his girlfriend Danette. She lived in Idaho Falls so we drove over to pick her up. When we got there Doug and Danette had a huge fight and spent forever talking it out so Eric took me out to a movie and dinner. I remember we went and watched The Man in the Iron Mask. Eric thought I didn't like him because I didn't talk to him during the movie. I'm sorry but when I go to a movie I actually want to watch it! Then we went and ate at Subway and talked. We had a good time.
- When and where was your first kiss? I think it was only on our second date that Eric kissed me. We were playing games with friends in his mom's basement and he leaned over and kissed me.
- Did you have a long courtship? Not really. We met in March and got married in August.
- Where did you get engaged? I remember talking to Eric in the car and we both just knew. He gave me my ring while at my mom's house when we were playing Monopoly. That was back when would actually play board games with me...
- When and where were you married? We got married on August 22, 1998 in the Moore Stake Center. We later got sealed for time and all eternity in the Idaho Falls Temple. Don't ask me what date that was because I don't remember! You know how the man usually forgets dates? Not in my family, I'm the one that forgets. I think it was in May.
- Where did you go on a honeymoon? Ummm...what honeymoon? Unfortunately Eric's grandpa passed away around the same time. We got married, spent the night in the Romeo and Juliet suite in Pocatello, came back for his funeral, and then Eric had a job interview the next day. There was no time (or money) for an official honeymoon.
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:13 AM
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Dreamed up by Kami at 8:29 PM
I was driving the kids to grandma's house this morning when a song came on the radio. The man sang, "I'm leaving...never to come back again..." I don't know who sang it. I wasn't really paying much attention.
Dreamed up by Kami at 12:45 PM
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
She also loves rocks.
Me, Kaitlyn, Carlee and Collin
Friday night the four of us dressed up in our "war paint" and pretended to be Indians raiding the camp. Kaitlyn always makes camping fun and I'm so glad that she came!
This is her face after she touched one. Can you say "Ewww!" She wasn't afraid of them though. Then again I don't know anything that she is scared of!
Dreamed up by Kami at 9:38 PM