Monday, August 27, 2007

Bellas Lake

Bellas Lake Fun!

This year we thought it would be fun to go to a different lake. We couldn't take the motorbikes up the trail and I wasn't sure we would make it with the kids walking but we agreed to take the challenge. I think it ended up being about 5 miles both ways. Sweet Larry told us it would only be about 3 miles when we started. The trip up took a long time since it was all mostly uphill. Everytime I thought we were getting close another hill would present itself. Carlee had to be carried the whole way and Collin had to be carried quite a bit too. (He's heavy! Thank goodness Eric and Larry are strong.)

***

We left camp at 12:00 and didn't make it up there until after 2:30. The lake was beautiful despite the hazy smoke in the area. I wish I got better pictures of it but I was too tired and forgot to take an overview picture of the lake.

***

I had alot of fun. I love hiking and don't get the chance very often to go so even though I was tired and achy I loved it. I hope we'll go up to another lake next year. I love to see new places!


Collin posing with grass in his mouth.


Collin and Carlee's human horses!


Collin dancing at the lake!


Collin was having alot of fun throwing sticks in the water.


Peek-A-Boo Collin!


Exhausted Justin and Amber.


Carlee sleeping at the lake.


Eric and Collin having a good time.

2 of you hit me up with a comment.:

Rhonda Christensen said...

Cute!!! Wish I could have gone too!! Probably wouldn't have made it to the lake though!!

Love ya!!!

Mandy said...

The lake is beautiful!!! Oh my goodness. I bet I would have been tired -- even without having to carry the kids. I love the photo of Larry and Eric with the kids on their backs. So fun, wish I could have been there!!!