Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy Anniversary Eric!

08-22-07I met Eric about nine and a half years ago. I was working at a local grocery store at the time. Eric soon became a frequent shopper so he could "check me out". Our first date was not what either of us expected. We double dated with my cousin Doug (one of Eric's best buds) over in Idaho Falls. Unfortunately when we went to pick up Doug's date (and future wife!) they had a huge fight. Eric and I left them to it and went out by ourselves. We went to the movie The Man in the Iron Mask and Eric didn't think I liked him because I sat mesmerized by the screen. He didn't know that when I go out to watch a movie I actually sit and watch it. We ate at the subway and talked and laughed before going back to pick up Doug. We were inseparable after that.
***
Our dating period seemed to pass by quickly. I remember sitting in Doug's car one night and Eric telling me not to worry until he said he was in love with me, not just saying I love you. I guess that's how we started talking about marriage. Neither of us really remember how we started talking about it. It just seemed meant to be. The engagement was short and we were soon wed in the Moore Ward. We were later sealed in the temple which was more amazing than our first wedding.
***
I'm so happy to be married to Eric. We have our problems as everyone does but there is something really special about him. He is my best friend and we have alot of fun together. He's a wonderful father. He loves his children and cares for them (even though I can count the number of times he has changed Carlee's diaper on one hand). I feel so blessed to have him in my life and I want him to know that I will love him now and forever.

1 of you hit me up with a comment.:

Mandy said...

Kami,

It was fun to read this blog. It took my back to that time period. I remember being so worried because I did not know you. After all this time, I can say that we really struck gold with you being a member of our family. You have always been so good to each of us, patient and loving with Eric, and an amazing mother. What a blessing you have been!!!

As for Eric, I love him. He is a great brother. He watches out for me and is determined that I be a part of your lives.

I love you guys!!!