Thursday, June 12, 2008

My 13 Going on 30 Moment

I took a break from work yesterday and ended up at our local park. It was so serene to have the park to myself. The wind had finally ceased, the air still lingered with the scent of raindrops and I felt at peace with the world. I immediately set forth to the swing set and started to remember how I used to sit on the swings at school as a child and wished as hard as I could for time to speed up. I knew life had to be better for people who were older. I would be happier; I'd have someone special. I wouldn't have to worry about the awkwardness of youth. I could see myself in a cool career or living in the fast lane. I never envisioned myself staying in the "hick town" of my childhood. I knew that when I was in my 30's life would be a dream.

All I'm missing is my man and some razzles!
Now that I'm there I have to admit that it is kind of a dream. I have a handsome husband, a big house, two adorable children and plenty of family living nearby. I've also grown to love our small community and wouldn't trade it for anything. I realized how much time I wasted in my youth wishing for the future. Now all I wish is for time to slow down. Funny how that works isn't it?

0 of you hit me up with a comment.: