Friday, October 3, 2008

Friday Fill-Ins


1. October is the window to winter. I don't want the cold weather!! But at least in October I get pumpkins, Harvestfest's, costumes, candy and all things spooky!






2. Movies where people hide in or under a car scare me!







3. Leaves are falling all around, it's a beautiful sight to behold. The colors are beautiful, truth be told. Swirling, twirling and twisting to the ground. Rake 'em up into a grand mound. Run and jump, yell with glee. Crunch with abandon like a child of three!





4. My favorite horror movie is Chucky because I remember watching it at a sleepover with my girlfriends and we had to hide all of our dolls during the middle of the movie. Thinking of that movie reminds me of how much I miss being that young!





5. Making sugar cookies with my mom= good memories.

Cookies I made for Collin's birthday!


6. It was a dark and stormy night, perfect for snuggling in a cozy blanket and watching a movie. The popcorn is popping, the smell intoxicating. The kids are both snoring as I settle onto the couch and push play. The story unfolds into a whirl of colorful images. I get distracted when out of the corner of my eye I see the back porch light flicker on. I peek out through the blinds but the porch is clear. Must be the wind, I tell myself and continue watching the movie. The hero is just about to rescue the damsel in distress when I hear a creak in the foyer. It's nothing, you're just hearing things, I mumble as I squeeze the blanket tighter around my body. The brave hero carries his mistress off into the sunset. I sigh, Why can't real life have more romance like that? I click the TV off and the screen goes black but the reflection left on the screen sends chills down my arms. A dark image of a man holding a knife over the couch where I lay is transfixed on the TV.




Suddenly the knife plummets towards me as I scream. AHHHHHHHH!!! Got ya!






7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to making fondant kitties for Carlee's cake, tomorrow my plans include who knows, might have to get firewood and Sunday, I want to watch conference, stay in my jammies most of the day, and celebrate Carlee's 3rd Birthday!



cute

0 of you hit me up with a comment.: